What this program is about
The SSPH+ PhD program is a training and networking program for PhD students in a discipline relevant to Public Health. Students and supervisors should familiarize themselves with the guidelines governing the program. The key elements of the program are as follows:
- The program offers a structured learning environment for students. Students maintain a portfolio so they and their supervisors can monitor the development of the student’s scientific skills and competences. The portfolio is a basis for regular assessment of the student’s progress.
- The SSPH+ PhD program organizes courses taught by national and international experts. The courses cover basic skills in public health research, advanced methods, and thematic workshops. They are designed to allow students to develop a broad Public Health perspective and to acquire specialized skills.
- PhD students enrolled in the SSPH+ PhD program have free access to SSPH+ PhD courses, and to the courses offered by the seasonal SSPH+ schools, namely the Spring School in Geneva, the Summer School in Lugano and the Winter School in Wengen. Students may apply for financial support to attend other external courses that are relevant for their studies. Students must consult the separate guidelines for financial support of external courses.
- The program awards an SSPH+ PhD program certificate which supplements the PhD degrees that are awarded by the participating Swiss Universities, according to their regulations.
- The SSPH+ PhD program has been implemented according to the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
Please check the guidelines for admission and study requirements.