What this program is about
The SSPH+ PhD program is a training and networking program for PhD students in a discipline relevant to Public Health. Students and supervisors should familiarize themselves with the guidelines governing the program. The key elements of the program are as follows:
- The program offers a structured learning environment for students. Students maintain a portfolio so they and their supervisors can monitor the development of the student’s scientific skills and competences. The portfolio is a basis for regular assessment of the student’s progress.
- The SSPH+ PhD program organizes courses taught by national and international experts. The courses cover basic skills in public health research, advanced methods, and thematic workshops. They are designed to allow students to develop a broad Public Health perspective and to acquire specialized skills.
- PhD students enrolled in the SSPH+ PhD program have free access to SSPH+ PhD courses (apart from a processing fee of 30 CHF), and reduced fees for the courses offered by the seasonal SSPH+ schools, namely the Spring School in Geneva, the Summer School in Lugano and the Winter School in Wengen. Students may apply for financial support to attend other external courses that are relevant for their studies. Students must consult the separate guidelines for financial support of external courses.
- The program awards an SSPH+ PhD program certificate which supplements the PhD degrees that are awarded by the participating Swiss Universities, according to their regulations.
- The SSPH+ PhD program has been implemented according to the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
Please check the guidelines for admission and study requirements.
|Transition Phase of the SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health:
The SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health is currently in a planning phase to smoothly transit into a successful and sustainable future: the SSPH+ Graduate Campus.
Students who now register before May 31, 2019, are expected to finish in the actual program within three years. Moreover, they will become automatically part of the SSPH+ Graduate Campus and can finish under this new system as an alternative.
Students registering after May 31, 2019, will be welcomed directly on the SSPH+ Graduate Campus – the new hub of inter-university high quality SSPH+ PhD courses, trainings, and events.