The SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health is a training- and networking program of the Swiss School of Public Health. The School is a joint initiative of eight Swiss Universities (Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Lugano, Neuchâtel and Zurich). The PhD program aims to provide students in a discipline relevant to Public Health the best possible preparation for their role as public health scientists and experts. The key elements of the program are as follows:
- The program offers a structured learning environment for PhD students.
- The SSPH+ PhD program organizes courses taught by national and international experts. The courses offered by the SSPH+ PhD Program are open to all interested persons.
- PhD students enrolled in the SSPH+ PhD program have free access to SSPH+ PhD courses (apart from a processing fee of 30 CHF).
- Students may apply for financial support to attend other external courses that are relevant for their studies.
- The program awards an SSPH+ PhD program certificate which supplements the PhD degrees that are awarded by the Swiss Universities according to their regulations.
- The SSPH+ PhD program has been implemented according to the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).
|Transition Phase of the SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health:|
The SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health is currently in a planning phase to smoothly transit into a successful and sustainable future: the SSPH+ Graduate Campus.
Students who now register before May 31, 2019, are expected to finish in the actual program within three years. Moreover, they will become automatically part of the SSPH+ Graduate Campus and can finish under this new system as an alternative.
Students registering after May 31, 2019, will be welcomed directly on the SSPH+ Graduate Campus – the new hub of inter-university high quality SSPH+ PhD courses, trainings, and events.