New students register for the new SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus which has followed the SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health since 1 June 2019.
For enrollment: https://ssphplus.ch/en/graduate-campus/
To register for the SSPH+ Inter-University Graduate Campus you have to be accepted as a PhD student at one of the 10 partner universities (Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Neuchâtel, Svizzera italiana, Zurich, SUPSI, ZHAW) and your first supervisor needs to be an SSPH+ Faculty Member.
Students who registered for the SSPH+ PhD Program before May 31, 2019, are expected to finish in the actual program within three years. Moreover, they will become automatically part of the SSPH+ Inter-University Graduate Campus and can finish under this new system as an alternative.
Students registering after May 31, 2019, will be welcomed directly on the SSPH+ Inter-University Graduate Campus – the new hub of inter-university high quality SSPH+ PhD courses, trainings, and events.
Cost-free SSPH+ PhD courses (with small non-refundable registration fee of 30.- CHF per course) and access to attractive courses and programs of our partners at reduced fees will be granted to all students registered under the former and the new system.
SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health (for students who registered before 1 June 2019)
The SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health is a training- and networking program of the Swiss School of Public Health. The School is a joint initiative of eight Swiss Universities (Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Lugano, Neuchâtel and Zurich). The PhD program aims to provide students in a discipline relevant to Public Health the best possible preparation for their role as public health scientists and experts. The key elements of the program are as follows:
- The program offers a structured learning environment for PhD students.
- The SSPH+ PhD program organizes courses taught by national and international experts. The courses offered by the SSPH+ PhD Program are open to all interested persons.
- PhD students enrolled in the SSPH+ PhD program have free access to SSPH+ PhD courses (apart from a processing fee of 30 CHF).
- Students may apply for financial support to attend other external courses that are relevant for their studies.
- The program awards an SSPH+ PhD program certificate which supplements the PhD degrees that are awarded by the Swiss Universities according to their regulations.
- The SSPH+ PhD program has been implemented according to the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).