The SSPH+ PhD Program in Public Health is a training- and networking program of the Swiss School of Public Health. The School is a joint initiative of eight Swiss Universities (Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, Lugano, Neuchâtel and Zurich). The PhD program aims to provide students in a discipline relevant to Public Health the best possible preparation for their role as public health scientists and experts. The key elements of the program are as follows:
- The program offers a structured learning environment for PhD students.
- The SSPH+ PhD program organizes courses taught by national and international experts. The courses offered by the SSPH+ PhD Program are open to all interested persons.
- PhD students enrolled in the SSPH+ PhD program have free access to SSPH+ PhD courses, and to the courses offered by the seasonal SSPH+ schools.
- Students may apply for financial support to attend other external courses that are relevant for their studies.
- The program awards an SSPH+ PhD program certificate which supplements the PhD degrees that are awarded by the Swiss Universities and the Federal Institutes of Technology (ETH and EPFL), according to their regulations.
- The SSPH+ PhD program has been implemented according to the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS).